Earthwork / Volume Calculations
12d's processing capabilities makes 12d Model one of the quickest and stable products on the market.
12d's Earthwork / Volume Calculations functionality excels in:
- Volume Analysis
- 3D Surface Analysis
- Earthworks Processing & Investigation
The key attributes within 12d that set it apart are:
- Supertins – Merges multiple tins into a single surface model on the fly, without creating any more data.
- Enhanced efficiencies, whereby multiple calculations use full computing functionality for increased speed. Faster routines reduces time delays.
- Real time design analysis with quick turnaround.
- One key recalculation for modifications.
Note "Tin" - Triangulated Irregular Network
Users can create a TIN in the way that best suits the source data giving the most accurate surface model possible. Generation of surfaces is quick, enabling instant analysis and results. TINs are checked for crossing breaklines quickly, ensuring quality surface creation.
Surfaces can then be:
- Coloured by layer, level, slope, height, depth, aspect and area.
- Contoured instantly with range files providing instant level information. Isopachytes can then be created showing the full scope of information.
- Draping onto TINs provides the optimum analysis functionality for true perspective viewing.
Calculates volumes through various methods between surfaces, between surface and models, or defined elements. 12d model provides numerous methods for approaching volume calculations in many different scenarios.
Whether it be for dam storage, or stockpile calculations, there is a method available to get your results.
Computation methods include:
- End Area or Exact (height to height, TIN to TIN, TIN to height, storage calculations, removal calculations, balanced calculations)
- Grid cell
- TIN to height range
12d Triangulated Irregular Networks (TINs), or Digital Terrain Models (DTMs) generate the 3D surface from which existing information is assessed and new design created.
12d, with Dynamic Parametric Objects (DPOs) is able to support surface string and template methods.
Due to 12ds unique DPO based application, the analysis of data can be a lot more comprehensive than competitor products.
Additional to the speed with which 12d processes, its’ sharing ability enhances the applications and project sizes that can be created and used.
Sharing TIN information into or out of projects gives additional scope for large projects, while maintaining the data integrity.
12d model has been used for over twenty years, with a project range as diverse as the civil and surveying sector itself.
Volumetrics, TIN analysis and Earthworks design have been carried out for projects spread around the globe.
From designing for the most extreme, advanced, different, or memorable projects, 12d model has had a huge impact on delivering designs to meet the most extensive plans through to the simplest earth moving projects.